Traffic Planner - Garden Grove
You can apply for the selected job posting or go back to the search results.
Full Time - Regular
Garden Grove, CA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE POSITION – TRAFFIC PLANNERDevelop work area traffic control plans that meet customers work zone and project phasing requirements as well as ascertaining if permit services are required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS• Meet with customers to develop work area traffic control plans that meet customers work zone and project phasing requirements as well as ascertaining if permit services are required. (Long term plans using temporary striping and K-rail or short term daily temporary traffic control plans.)
• Develop and submit quote for plans.
• Design and draw temporary traffic control plans to current MUTCD/WATCH manual standards using AutoCAD or Rapid Plan software.
• Submit plans to City/Controlling Agencies for review and approval as required.
• Coordinate with branch manager for permit services as required per customer.
• Attend meetings with customer and City/Controlling agencies.
• Make revisions to plans per City/Controlling agency’s direction.
• Facilitate contact between dispatch and contractor to co-ordinate implementation of project by Statewide if required.
• Submit billing for completed traffic plans.
• Manage multiple projects for timely completion meeting contractor’s schedule.
• Manage other draftsmen. Delegate projects for timely completion meeting contractor’s schedule.
• Review and advise on traffic plan drawings from draftsmen.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:• Proficient in use of AutoCAD 2015 and/or proficient in use of Rapid Plan to draw to industry drafting standards.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient in use of Google Earth and other GIS program
• Knowledge of California Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD) (Most recent edition)
• Knowledge of Work Area Traffic Control Handbook (WATCH manual) (Most recent edition)
• Able to read and understand construction blueprints and specifications.
WORK CONTEXT• Must have a valid driver license & clear driving record
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs & stand for many hours
• Bend and lift repeatedly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for employees or qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.
To apply: Apply here
- Title: HR Generalist
- Name: Connie Wessels
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 949-527-3712