Dispatcher Assistant - San Jose
You can apply for the selected job posting or go back to the search results.
Full Time - Regular
San Jose, CA
Job Summary: Assist Dispatcher with inbound/outbound calls; coordinate repairs, maintenance, etc.; and follow-up with customers after work is complete to ensure job satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions• Organize, create, and update union employee safety files
• Organize, create, and update fleet binders and files
• Coordinate fleet repairs, maintenance, registrations, and smogs
• Update safety spreadsheet(s) and keep track of certification expiration dates
• Add all completed safety documents to share drive each month
• Assist with weekly payroll inspection and approval
• Support Customer Service Associate/front counter and answer phones as needed
• Manage customer calls regarding current jobs/projects as needed or when PM is out in the field
• Assist in preparing work orders and dispatch schedules
• Assist techs with FAQs and minor issues/concerns, including but not limited to: W-4s, direct deposits, update personnel files, etc.
• Inform union employees when Local Union dues are due
• Organize new hire paperwork
Non-essential Job Functions• Assist with branch inventory organization, tracking, and record keeping.
• Assist with sales related tasks as needed.
Skills/Abilities• Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems with the business profitability in mind.
• Monitoring/Instructing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. Teaching others how to do something.
• Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Experience/Education• Office administrative background of at least 3-5 years.
• Knowledge of traffic control and safety devises.
• Supervisor Traffic Control Training Certification.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local and state requirements.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as directed to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training. Working practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers
To apply: Apply here
- Title: HR Generalist
- Name: Connie Wessels
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 949-527-3712