Director of Finance - Irvine
You can apply for the selected job posting or go back to the search results.
Director of Finance
Full Time - Regular
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
- Conduct the financial affairs of the organization with preparation of financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. Develop, analysis and interpretation of all financial and accounting information in order to evaluate operating results for performance against budget, cash flow projections and other matters effecting fiscal integrity and operating effectiveness.
- Perform financial analysis and transitional accounting for company acquisitions
- Due diligence for proposed transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, closing conventional acquisition and construction financing for real estate investments.
- Performs monthly balance sheet account analysis.
- Performs budget vs. actual analysis on a monthly basis
- Responsible for preparation of all documentation necessary to successfully complete outside reporting requirements
- Prepares various cash, AP discount and capitalization reports on a monthly basis.
- Has experience with a 13-week cash-flow and can create various cash reports on a monthly basis
- Reviews and approves accounts payable, i.e., verifies that the payables comply with company policy.
- Files necessary returns to obtain federal fuel credits on a quarterly basis.
- Books and reviews all necessary journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Assists with the preparation of the Multi company, Financial Analysis.
- Performs an internal audit of each location and reports findings.
- Trains branch support staff as needed.
- Multi state, Multi location financial consolidations
- Prepares vendor analysis reports and communicates findings with Purchasing Manager.
- Coordinates the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets and tax returns.
- Communicates with company’s bank representatives regarding the initiation and monitoring of sweep accounts and the renewal of line of credit accounts.
- Assist and develop annual budget, track budget variances by location
- Is able to forecast / reforecast on a quarterly and multi-year basis to assess Company’s near-term and long-term financial performance
- Reviews equipment capital requests and, once approved, prepares the check.
- Ensure that proper accounting policies, procedures and internal controls are in place to safeguard the assets of the Company and record all financial transactions appropriately.
- Is able to utilize communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Experience in business combination and system integration
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance plus CPA certification. Must have 5 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience. Construction industry is a plus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Title: HR Director
- Name: Lynda Tschudy
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 949527-3725