Dispatcher - Sacramento
You can apply for the selected job posting or go back to the search results.
Full Time - Regular
Job Summary: Respond to inbound calls, dispatch technicians to work sites, follow up with customers after work is complete to ensure job satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions• Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, job, or needs.
• Manage and conduct weekly safety tailgate meetings.
• Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors.
• Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment.
• Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications.
• Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
• Report hiring needs and all employee issues to Branch Manager
• Prepare daily work tickets and run schedules and using tracking log form to account for tickets.
• Receive work tickets and verify against the track log to ensure we have received all that were issued.
• Monitor equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
• Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service and schedules.
• Manage the up keeping of the yard and storage.
• Conduct and fill out weekly jobsite visit form.
• Safety Captain for branch.
Non-essential Job Functions• Assist with estimating or customers in the branch.
• Assist with branch inventory organization, tracking, and record keeping.
• Assist with any other sales related tasks as needed.
Skills/Abilities• Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems with the business profitability in mind.
• Monitoring/Instructing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. Teaching others how to do something.
• Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Experience/Education• Construction background of at least 5 years.
• Knowledge of traffic control and safety devises.
• Supervisor Traffic Control Training Certification.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local and state requirements.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as directed to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation and benefits. Statewide Traffic Safety and Sign’s policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers
- Name: Connie Wessels
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 9495273712