Dispatcher/Project Manager - Redding
You can apply for the selected job posting or go back to the search results.
Full Time - Regular
Job SummaryRespond to inbound calls, dispatch technicians to work sites, follow up with customers after work is complete to ensure job satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions• Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, job, or needs.
• Manage and conduct weekly safety tailgate meetings.
• Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors.
• Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment.
• Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications.
• Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
• Report hiring needs and all employee issues to Branch Manager
• Prepare daily work tickets and run schedules and using tracking log form to account for tickets.
• Receive work tickets and verify against the track log to ensure we have received all that were issued.
• Monitor equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
• Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service and schedules.
• Manage the up keeping of the yard and storage.
• Conduct and fill out weekly jobsite visit form.
• Safety Captain for branch.
Non-essential Job Functions• Assist with estimating or customers in the branch.
• Assist with branch inventory organization, tracking, and record keeping.
• Assist with any other sales related tasks as needed.
Skills/Abilities• Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems with the business profitability in mind.
• Monitoring/Instructing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. Teaching others how to do something.
• Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Experience/Education• Construction background of at least 5 years.
• Knowledge of traffic control and safety devices.
• Supervisor Traffic Control Training Certification.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local and state requirements.
Work Context:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation and benefits. Statewide Traffic Safety and Sign’s policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.
To apply: Apply here
- Title: HR Coordinator
- Name: Aaron Campbell
- Email: email@example.com