Safety Manager - WA/CO/UT - Irvine Support Center
You can apply for the selected job posting or go back to the search results.
Safety Manager - WA/CO/UT
Full Time - Regular
SUMMARYThe Safety Manger is responsible for the day to day safety practices and culture of all Altus Traffic Management locations within the states of Washington, Colorado, and Utah. The position is responsible for the ongoing training and record keeping for all employee safety requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS1) Create and maintain a quality Safety Culture
2) Facilitate Safety Onboarding for all new employees in coordination with HR
3) Conduct Health and Safety reviews to reduce/eliminate potential hazards, unsafe acts or conditions at all divisions.
4) Perform ongoing safety surveys of the various branch facilities for observational information and provide action plans for needed changes or improvements
5) Job Site Inspections to ensure proper employee safety controls are in place and being utilized in accordance with OSHA standards. Validation of employee job duties in relation to proper classifications.
6) Maintain the lead role following all accidents, incidents or workman’s compensation situations, ensuring all paperwork is completed. Completion of a root cause analysis for each event and all findings and action plans are reviewed with HR and Managers in a timely manner.
7) Establish and maintain all signage for exit routes as well as egress maps for all buildings, ensuring all buildings have working smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
8) Assist with all Job Hazard Analysis prior and during job execution
9) Ensure all OSHA required trainings are completed and held current, to include but not in total; Lifting, Forklift, Lock out/tag out, Machine Guarding, Tailgate Meetings, Noise Level Monitoring, Eye Protection and Safety, Respirator Protection, Ergonomic Assessment.
10) Remain current on all safety regulations, guidelines and best practices to ensure our company is kept up to date.
11) Oversee Team safety Meetings at all locations for completion and content
12) Provide written Loss Control inspection reports with recommendations. Provide advisory assistance to the Managers on best means to correct deficiencies.
13) Establish and lead a Safety Committee to increase safety awareness as well as review incidents and deficiencies and ensure compliance with all safety requirements both internally as well as OSHA.
14) Maintain relationships with Safety representatives from insurance carriers as a valuable resource.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS• College degree preferred
• OSHA certifications
• Must possess a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism
• Must exhibit a willingness to learn and familiarize oneself with company products and services
• Must be willing to travel if necessary
• Must possess working knowledge of MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet
• Must be a team player
Competitive salary and benefits. Statewide Traffic Safety & Signs is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities to qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law.
To apply: Apply here
- Title: Director, Human Resources
- Name: Lynda Tschudy
- Email: email@example.com