Mechanic - Nipomo
You can apply for the selected job posting or go back to the search results.
Full Time - Regular
Job SummaryThis position is responsible for servicing a wide variety of company fleet vehicles, from basic maintenance and minor repairs to full fleet service.
Essential Job Functions• Troubleshoot, service and repair fleet vehicles including gas and diesel
• Troubleshoot, service and repair rental equipment such as message boards, arrow boards, trailers, light towers etc.
• Perform basic maintenance including but not limited to rotating tires, checking fluid levels, and changing oil
• Test systems and individual parts to ensure proper working order and/or to evaluate degree of damage
• Repair or replace worn parts and systems but not limited to spark plugs, wheel bearings, brake pads, fuel systems, cooling systems and sensors
• Identify and repair mechanical and electrical problems for both fleet and rental equipment
• Determine appropriate repair measures based on research and past experience
• Follow checklists to ensure thorough examination of all parts and systems including but not limited to CHP BIT Inspection Procedures and Requirements.
• Present estimates including: strategy for repair to including explanation of problems, procedure steps
• Perform repairs thoroughly and accurately, considering original repair strategy and specifications
Skills/Abilities• Experience in electrical repair / wiring
• Familiarity with BIT program
• Must be willing to travel to outside branches including but not limited to: repairs or installation of new equipment for fleet needs and delivery of internal products
• Must be willing to help with other duties in the yard and shop
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• ASE Certification a plus
• Completion of a postsecondary program in automotive service technology a plus
• Welding experience a plus
• Experience servicing arrow boards and changeable message signs a plus
• Good driving record mandatory, Class B or A is a plus
Work Context:This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for employees or qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.
To apply: Apply here
- Title: HR Coordinator
- Name: Aaron Campbell
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 9495538272