Estimator - Sacramento
You can apply for the selected job posting or go back to the search results.
Full Time - Regular
SUMMARYThe Estimator is responsible for researching, coordinating, and tracking Statewide Traffic Safety & Signs quotes for the portfolio of products, rentals and services. This position is an active, hands-on role focusing on ensuring quotes or bids are made on all possible accounts - growing existing accounts, and meeting or exceeding sales and margin targets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS• Search, review, download, and print bidding information for upcoming projects, via the internet sites
• Assist the estimating team building quotes, sending out quotes, and tracking the success of quotes
• Assist with quoting inside sales and rentals
• Work with purchasing department on getting the best price for materials
• Creatively work with team members on sales/bid strategies
• Assist with branch inventory organization, tracking, and record keeping
• Assist other branches with bidding and product information
• Assist with any other sales related tasks and other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Outside sales and marketing experience a plus
• Must understand drawings/blue prints and be able to perform take-offs
• 2 - 5 years proven success in construction, traffic control or infrastructure industries
• Strong presentation and communication skills, especially written
• Strong customer orientation; experience developing strong partnerships by understanding and anticipating customer’s business needs
• Strong mathematical skills, grounded in algebra, geometry and simple math
• Must be results-driven, work independently and have a positive “make it work” attitude
• High energy and self-motivated
• Team focused and support the company direction
• Strong computer skills including but not limited to—computer estimating, complete competency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Bilingual a plus
WORK CONTEXT:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation and benefits. Statewide Traffic Safety and Sign’s policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.
To apply: Apply here
- Title: HR Coordinator
- Name: Aaron Campbell
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 9495273701